The Sacred

'All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing people what is wrong in their lives, for correcting faults, and for teaching how to live right.' 2 Timothy 3:16 (NCV)

So then, as far as scripture goes, it is all a revelation of God through men and women that Holy Spirit inspired to write for us and therefore it is good for teaching and showing people how to live.

The Bible. It is sacred. It is practical. It is worth studying. The Scriptures are more precious than gold. Men have died to get its message out to others. There can be no greater reference. God gives us Life and He gives us Light and with it comes responsibility. We are to know more than this one verse, but He gives us 66 Books to teach us!

As for prophecy, how could the authors have known about Jesus Christ long before He was born if not for God's inspiration? 

And as for the historical record that has been proven and that gives us an accurate report of man and civilization back six thousand years and even more, how could its antiquity have been kept and not lost without God's Holy Spirit.

The Word is most assuredly God-breathed. I love that! Just the thought of it gives me joy and inner peace in the sense that what I hold in my hand is the most valuable thing I could ever own. The Bible is Alive and just as God gave me the breath of Life when I was born, God also breathed through the writers that He inspired then to bring Jesus alive and also breathes through the readers while it is being read now.

The Word says 'The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me and His Word was in my tongue'. You are faithful to watch over Your Word. God breathed Himself out in His Word and I can breath Him in when I pray and read His Word. His Word becomes alive in me that way. I receive life when I read it. It is fresh and new and it renews me every morning.

As for the Bible, it is God's Word to me. He speaks through it to me. His Word became flesh and it reveals His Son Jesus Christ so that I might have a personal relationship with Him and get to know Him as my Savior. Through His death and resurrection He became the holy-breath, the life-giving Spirit.

Dear Father
Thank you for Your Sacred Life-giving Word. Thank you for the breath that You have given me. Bind the plans of the enemy and spirit of death to steal the breath from Your children this year. Loose the Spirit of healing and health of heaven. Give us back our breath! Let us speak the same Words of Life that you do.
In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', April 14, 2020

 2 timothy 3:16 meaning | RCG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree