Trust and Obey

'Jesus answered, “You don’t really know what I am doing, but later you will understand.”' John 13:7 (CEV) 


Today I take another leap of faith. Looking first, then leaping, even if into the clouds of the unknown. I do this thing with full faith and knowledge in God, that He doesn't ask me to figure everything out. No, not even His own disciples always knew everything that He was doing. They were only asked to have faith and to believe in the One that sent them. I have faith in Him and know that He never leaves me to the tasks He sets before me without weapons nor does He make me go through them alone. He is always with me. He only asks me to trust Him.

I do trust Him. It's a requirement. There are so many lessons that He wants me to learn. He is the Great Teacher. I look to Jesus for lessons in humility and in kindness. He shows me how He lived His own life as an example of how I am to treat others and to be kind and to live my own. I am to live like Christ did, so that others might see Him through me, and that they might see that I am His servant and a member of His Church. Being that and also willing to perform even the humblest service in order to benefit my world. Here I am, humble servant, use me. That has been my prayer. That has been my blessing. And He does.

So in and through all of it; the pain, the sorrow, the disappointments and the afflictions, as a Child of God, I can know that they are all for a purpose and are used and allowed by God for my own good. I know He loves me. Even though I don't understand what is going on right now, the water is deep, I can rest assured that some day I will know why He chooses to teach me through trials. Just trust and obey. The song lyrics say that there is really no other way to be happy in Jesus.

The trials of life do come to us all and one great day He will take away all of my doubts and bring me through this one as well. Kingdom come. Because I have yielded to Him, one day He will bring me into full knowledge of who He is. Until then, I can know Him better now because I trust Him.  I can know that He is with me through it all. I can know that this situation has been designed by Teacher to show me some great lesson in humility, and if so, then so be it, I must go through it for humility's sake.

Remember, that Christ in all of His Glory made Himself humble and submitted to the Father and carried His own cross. Just like that I can see that this problem is in God's Will and all for my own good and I would be wise to take His hand and allow myself to be led through it. How else am I to know His rest unless I submit myself to Him? No complaints. No kicking and screaming. Just me, being obedient to follow Him in faith, believing in Him and knowing that He is perfect in everything that He does, even when I am not.

My prayer. Since I can't see how this will end, see me through it Lord! I know You will. Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', July 10, 2019, reposted.
Image result for john 13:7 quote picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree