The Ransom - God's Greatest Gift

 Without guidance, people fall, but with many counselors there is deliverance.’ Proverbs 11:14 (HCB)


The rich may have to pay a ransom, but the poor don’t have that problem. Proverbs 13:8 (CEV)

What I might see before the fall. Abuse. So without it, I might not even think that I need it. Guidance. Seek guidance anyway, before it is too late. Many counselors bring my deliverance. How can I possibly know everything. Everything, includes areas of marriage, work, parenting and finances. Why do counselors work? People are ornery. Marriages fail 50% of the time. Businesses fail 70% of the time. With the right person to guide me these numbers could be cut by fifty percent. Isn't it just plain stupid to try and do that justice part of guidance alone? Laws were meant to protect me from myself and from others. God doesn't want to judge me, it's not a part of His nature, but He will. That about covers it.

Guidance. It's the one thing that is to my advantage in all situations. Three simple steps; advise, deliberate, resolve. Some advice comes cheap, so seek people to advise me that are people of character. Good character often asks the right questions that leads me to salvation. For guidance, I will not despise it. For steerage, I will be grateful for it. With a well thought out and devised-plan, I am wealthy beyond measure! I must act. I must choose.

You will fail. Then there is grace. Grace pardons to the nth degree. My how gracefully the Lord goes about it when I pray to Him for forgiveness. I fail Him everyday. He pardons me. He pardoned me after the fall. He guides me to Him through it all. No one is above the Law. I couldn't go about life ignoring Him forever. His Grace saved me from a debt that I could not afford to pay. That is why Jesus was God's greatest gift to mankind. He paid the price for my ransom even though I was guilty. I didn't deserve His pardon, but He died for me anyway. Because of Him now I am eternally free. He is my Savior and my Great Counselor. And I thank Him.
 
 Dear Heavenly Father
 On Freedom's Day, I thank you that Your Love for me has set me free. Thank you for guidance, be the Counselor and the Guide to Samantha and David and all of those that have chosen to bind themselves together in marriage and love this year.
 
In Jesus mighty name.
Amen

Source: ‘Drummingthemessagehome’, July 4, 2019. Reposted. Image result for proverbs 11:14 quote picture


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree