Sailing Safely Through the Storms

One day Jesus got into a boat with his disciples and told them, “Let’s go over to the other side of the lake.” So they set out. 


As they were sailing, he fell asleep. A powerful windstorm came down on the lake, the boat was filling up with water, and they were in danger. 

They went to him and woke him, saying, “Master, master, we’re going to die!” He woke up, rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they stopped. Then it was calm. 

He said to them, “Where is your faith?” They were afraid and amazed and said to one another, “Who, then, is this, that he commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him?”' Luke 8:22-25 (EHV)


He comforts me through the trials of life that most certainly will come. I can rest during the storms because I know that He loves me. He is my strength and my shield. Jesus even has control over the wind.

As long as He is with me, I can launch my boat out into new mission fields knowing that no matter what happens between first days and last He will see me through to the end. I can't do it on my own. There are so many dark nights and dangerous encounters out there and that is why I have come to trust Him. My faith lies totally in Jesus. 

Whenever my boat fills up with water, I admit, I need Jesus as my Savior. He is always right there with me, every time I need Him. I know I can depend on Him to rebuke the wind and calm the seas.  As I begin to pray and to ask Him to help me, He does. Even now the winds are dying down as the storm passes by and I am beginning to feel Him flooding my soul with His peace.

I can only know Him and the peace that He has for me because of the storms that He takes me through. He is so dependable. He really is a friend like no other.

Dear Heavenly Father. I thank You that You hear me when I pray. I thank You for the storms of life that make me stronger and that draw me closer to You. I thank You that I can even have peace while I am going through the storm in knowing that You are near. With Your presence in the boat with me, I can see to the other side, and I can know that we can ride it out together. I thank You for comforting me, for being so good to me, for surrounding me with your mercy and grace and for seeing me through to the end of each trial and tribulation. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Source: Repost 'drummingthemessagehome' June 12, 2019. 

 Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree