No Lies Behind These Smiling Faces

'A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, But when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken.' Proverbs 15:13

'And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;' Ephesians 5:18-19 (NASB) 

 

Isn't it the truth? We all know the guy. I seek him out when I need an emotional boost because I can depend on him to brighten my day. He seems to have found the key to happiness and it shows up a lot in the things that he says and the countenance on his face. He is always smiling! How does he do that? I've got to figure out what makes him so happy. He is dancing and singing his way through life and where ever he is and whenever he is in the room it is contagious. His mood is a mood lifter in others and it is quite remarkable.

 

No matter the circumstance, no matter where we are it's always the same with him. It is helpful to include him in everything because he makes the best out of the worst of situations and it helps the rest of us to see the good. His smile opens doors and breaks down walls. When he sings people around him are taken aback. They don't know what to think of him at first but soon enough they figure out that his joyful attitude is genuine and they open up and seek an audience with him. His dancing is just the opportunity that God uses for us to encourage each other and always at just the right moment. He's been through some hard times, yet his heart is happy and that seems to sooth the hurts in others even if just for a moment. I hope he never changes.

 
If he can do it then why can't I? I could smile more. I could sing more, in the car or at my desk at work. One way to express my happy heart is to open up my mouth and sing. It's not the words or the harmony that people around me will hear, but rather they will hear the joy that is in my heart. I think of singing as the effect of the medicine. I know that a joyful heart is good medicine. I need more of that good medicine of joy to get into my heart and to show up on my face. It's not the key or the register but it's what's in my heart that makes the song matter and just might help to feed the spirit of those who might be lonely or depressed or hurting and it might be just the encouragement that person needs at that moment.

Happiness in the Lord can't be contained and shows up on the outside in sudden bursts of joy but sorrow is just the opposite. Sorrow goes much deeper and tends to stick around much longer, lingering, it touches my inner life and destroys my ability to adapt while creating in me long lasting feelings of despair. So it is through much prayer and seeking to be filled with the Holy Spirit that I might avoid that which would grieve the precious Comforter. I ought to find reason to give thanks for the confidence that I have in Jesus and in that be joyful. Heavenly Father I appreciate You! I know that You are there for me. And my face ought to show it!

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome' June 18, 2019, repost.


Image result for proverbs 15:13 quote picture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree