My Earnest Prayer of Faith

'You have recorded my troubles.

    You have kept a list of my tears.
        Aren’t they in your records?' Psalm 56:8 (NCV)
 

Through this study in Hebrews we were asked to recall the spiritual burdens that we cared enough about to offer to God in prayers and supplications with tears. My immediate response was to recall those prayers for my own family's salvation, of course. I prayed for them and have cried so many tears for them all. Then I was reminded of a few of the situations that I found myself in that hurt so badly that I could not even find the words to pray. So I cried. And I know that God always hears those prayers and comforts me through the pain because He cares. It is comforting to know that God cares enough about me to keep a hand written record of all the troubles that I have been through and all of the times that I have cried. He loves me that much. Maybe even more so, the little children.

This lesson has touched me so deeply and brought out some things that I needed to have dealt with. This question also brought to mind the special New Years day time of prayer that Pastor called this year. I was excited to go as it seemed to be a good way to start off the year, but was not prepared for what would happen while I was there. God took me to a place so suddenly that day that I did not have time to prepare for it emotionally. My response in that moment was simply to cry. Yep. It was so out of character for me and almost like someone had turned on the water faucet and out came a boat load of tears.

It was not just the flood of tears that day, but also the weeping and sobbing and feelings of despair that go along with it that took me by surprise. What was going on? What was the Lord trying to tell me? I felt the Holy Spirit's presence right there with me during my tears helping me to get through my verbal prayer and revealing one of His truths about life to me. My specific tear invoking prayer of supplication was when I had boldly called for an end to abortion. Knowing this one thing is so disgusting and disturbing to us all, this was the truth Holy Spirit was revealing, it is even more so to God. 

God has established His Laws and set His standards for us to live by. We know this truth, and believe in the sanctity of life and that all life is precious.  Knowing this, brings me to my own responsibility to stand against the darkness and the taking of an innocent life and to get involved and push for laws and hearts to be changed. Knowing this very nation will be held to account for the sins of her people how could I not take a stand for God's standards and for life? Knowing that my sins always lead me down roads that bring on my troubles, and those troubles will result in my tears. Also knowing that my God does not despise and offers me a way out of them all. Thanks to Jesus, He chooses to forget my sins but keeps track of everything that I am going through, even my tears. He sends His Comforter and He directs and guides my steps. So I pray with faith believing that He hears me and is working out everything for the good and I continue to follow up my prayers with action. To God be the Glory!
 
Source: Drummingthemessagehome', June 20, 2019, repost.
 
Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree