Light of Life Lamp

'Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.' Psalm 119:105 (ESV)

What a dark place the world would be without the Word of God. The world is a dark place and I must walk through it with faith. I must live by faith and not by sight. God in His mercy has given me Faith. Faith and the Word. Faith is the force that God has give me to guide me. Faith comes from hearing the Word. The Word is like a lamp, a light, a candle, the Holy Spirit provides the oil. 


The Holy Spirit provides the fuel for the lamp. This lamp at my feet lights my path. Never too bright in that it illuminates everything, but just enough for the next step. So that I might see and not trip. So that I might not stumble and fall. So that I might not wander off. So that I might trust and not fear. So that I might feel safe in that God is always with me, through each and every day, right beside me and guiding me through His Way. 

Word of God be my guide. God, I make You Lord over my life, my Lord today and everyday. Here is His Word to me for the day. To God be the Glory. Here is my prayer...

Dear Father. 
Thank you for speaking directly to me today. Thank you for giving me a personal Word for the day. Thank you for Your mercy and grace and for Your Word which instructs me. I need You every hour God. I need Your Word to guide me everyday. It shows me Your Will. It shows me right from wrong. It is my light shining in the dark places of life. I cannot take even one step forward in life without You. Thank you Holy Spirit for providing the fuel that keeps my Light of Life lamp lit until that Great Day of the Lord when the Son of Righteousness shall return and I will see Him face to face. Continue to choose us and make us clean.
In Jesus's name.
 Amen. 

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', October 29, 2019 reposted.
 Image result for psalm 199:105 picture quote"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree