Take Me to the River

'God is our refuge and strength,

a very present help in trouble. 

 Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change,
    though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea; 

 though its waters roar and foam,
    though the mountains tremble with its tumult. Selah

  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy habitation of the Most High. 

 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
    God will help her right early. 

 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
    he utters his voice, the earth melts. 

 The Lord of hosts is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

 Come, behold the works of the Lord,
    how he has wrought desolations in the earth. 

 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
    he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear,
    he burns the chariots with fire! 

 “Be still, and know that I am God.
    I am exalted among the nations,
    I am exalted in the earth!” 

 The Lord of hosts is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our refuge.Selah

Psalm 46 (RSV)

Dear Father

Thank you for Your Word. Forgive me of my sins. Forgive us for killing one another in the name of politics. Evil, cease. I desire that You take me to the Holy Waters of Baptism again. So that I might be near the River where You are. Cleanse me in the River of Life Lord. Take away the hate and the images of death. I want to see You. To take Communion. I love Your Holy Sacraments.

 I pray for the Glory Days. And there You are! God in the midst of her. You are there for her in the morning. I see You high and lifted up! Where the streams make glad the city of God. Where You utter a word and the earth melts. You make the wars to cease. The God of Jacob, who sits on the Mercy Seat, You are our Redeemer, You are our God and our refuge. We will be still in this moment. We exalt You among all nations and in the earth for You are with us! We take comfort in You. You are our refuge. We will sing again of Your Great Glory!

In Jesus's name.

Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', September 1, 2020 blog post.

 Psalm 46:5 - Inspirational Psalm - Bible Verse



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree