The Big Beautiful Feet of Jesus

 'That is why since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I always remember you in my prayers, asking the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you will know him better. I pray also that you will have greater understanding in your heart so you will know the hope to which he has called us and that you will know how rich and glorious are the blessings God has promised his holy people. And you will know that God’s power is very great for us who believe. That power is the same as the great strength God used to raise Christ from the dead and put him at his right side in the heavenly world. God has put Christ over all rulers, authorities, powers, and kings, not only in this world but also in the next. 


God put everything under his power and made him the head over everything for the church, which is Christ’s body. The church is filled with Christ, and Christ fills everything in every way.' Ephesians 1:15-23 (NCV) 

For when we find one of them, a true believer, it is as if we have discovered a thing more precious than diamonds and gold. Even more precious than these, you are to me. Because I know you, my doubts have decreased and I give thanks to God for you. I have heard about your faith and about your love for all God's people. You encourage me. You even inspire me. You are such a blessing to me.

God has so many blessings available to me through His Son that first requires me to draw them out and to fetch them in through prayer. So I pray. I pray for you. I always think of you. I even prayed for you this morning and asked God to give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you might know Him better. Wisdom to be able to reject the lies of this world. Revelation to see the truth that all of His promises are for you.

I prayed for you. I pray that you will have greater understanding of the hope and of your calling and that you will know the riches and glory of His blessings. God owns it all and has made you joint heirs with Jesus. What more could you need? What more should He allow you to see? I pray that you will know God's power which is the same power that raised Christ from the dead and made Him the ruler over all things present and future.  Power even over death.

Jesus has authority over death. He is the head over His body which is the Church. We, the Church, are to know Him and to follow Him. He is the head. We are to be like Him. We are to use our hands and feet to carry and to take the Gospel wherever He calls us. Beautiful are the feet of those that bring Good News. We are to be pulling together. We are to be yoked with the Savior. He will make our ways straight and our load easier when we submit to His authority and obey Him. Under His rule there is rest for the soul. That is a promise. His promises include all things and power, all riches and glorious blessings belong to His Holy people. That's you. That's me. In Jesus, there is nothing that we lack. Seeing is believing. So I pray that we might be able to see more of Him like He truly is and that His Kingdom be revealed to us in such a way so that we might believe it. Seeing that Jesus has dominion over all things, and His authority is over all of the world, consider the fact that all the things of creation are under His feet. Jesus has big feet.

Father, forgive me for my unbelief and for the times that I have failed to see You for who You really are. Forgive me for the times when I have followed and even believed the lie of the world and for the times when I failed to thank you and even for the times when I have failed to worship you. Reveal to me the things that You want me to see. Jesus, show me Your way. Thank you for my faithful Christian friends.Thank you for this measure of faith which thou hast given to me, now please remove the scales from my eyes and the doubts that I have that I might see with Your eyes. That I might love like you have loved. That I might see that there truly is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. That is what You did for me. In Jesus name. Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', July 30, 2019.
Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree