Garment of Praise

'God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So you should always clothe yourselves with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other, and forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, forgive that person because the Lord forgave you.  Even more than all this, clothe yourself in love. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity.' Colossians 3:12-14 (NCV) 


So be it. We are to be fruit bearers. The fruit of the Spirit is Love. We are to do everything in love. We are, so why can't I?  Even when I don't see it in others, then all the more in me. Even when something that someone has done or said brings condemnation on me, I am to forgive that person, take off the spirit of heaviness and put on the garments of praise. Even when someone does me wrong I am to forgive them because the Lord forgave me and clothe myself in His righteousness. Forgiveness. This is what it looks like to walk in perfect love. Perfection. Freedom. Anointed. This is how it feels to be overtaken by its effects. We are chosen. We are His holy people. He loves us. This is what will hold us all together. His Love. This is what brings unity and releases perfect Love. More of You Lord Jesus. Less of me.

Anything less than perfection must rightly be imperfect little old me. My flesh and the bad things that my will leads me to do is in constant battle with my faith. My faith in God's perfect Will is always right there with Christ shining through the imperfections in me when I yield to Him and let Holy Spirit have His way in me. Through Christ, I am prompted to do the things and say the things that move me to the higher place of perfect unity. Sometimes perfect harmony. Sometimes not so much. Sometimes I just need to admit that I have failed and to say I am sorry. Sometimes I just need to ask Him to forgive me in this thing that I do that is centered on self.

Can we ever get back that unity that the Church once had? That perfect place where Jesus dwells in us is there all the time but the benevolent heart is missing. Charity. Jesus Christ is our example. He is perfect Love. He is our praise. He is the place from where our blessings flow. Welcome to the River. He lived a selfless life. We are to live selfless lives. We know that the Spirit is willing but that the flesh is weak.  When we consider ourselves more than we should and try to seek revenge or demand respect it weakens our witness. 

Holy Spirit is never looking to promote selfish flesh by demanding something from someone that they cannot give but rather is looking for ways to promote Christ in all things. I would be wise to Let Holy Spirit do a work of charity for Christ through me with absolutely no expectation of recognition for it. Knowing that when I seek the approval of man, that would be old man sin nature actions rooted in self-interest rather than charity. Only when I clothe myself in Christ and put on new man in Christ actions can I rest assured that my motives are pure and rooted in Love. Love is kind. Love is never abusive. Love is never threatening. Love is seeking to understand. 

Thank you God. I know I am not perfect but I am confident that you are doing a good work in me. Forgive me when I have failed You. Bring out the perfect Love that You have placed in me so that I might serve You better. Thank You for answered prayer. Thank you that You hear me and that You will never give up on me. In Jesus name. Amen. 

Source: ‘Drummingthemessagehome ‘, July 18, 2019, reposted.
Image result for colossians 3:12-14 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree