Skip to main content

Gospel Power

'But, if the Lord is willing, I’ll come to you soon. Then I won’t focus on what these arrogant people say, but I’ll find out what power they possess.  God’s kingdom isn’t about words but about power.' 1 Corinthians 4:19-20 (CEB)


The word isn't enough. My words are never enough. God's kingdom isn't just about words. The words are there but it is the demonstration of the power that backs up the Word when changes are made. Light didn't come just because the Word of God was spoken. Light came into being because the Word was backed up appropriately. That's the Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit working together. That's power. That's the work of the Holy Spirit. That's the part of God that I need more of and should include in every aspect of my life. That's the action part of my prayers. That's the part that builds my faith up and brings more believing and understanding. Without the power the word cannot do anything, the word is dead. With power the word is life. That's the refreshing part. That's the action part. That's the effectual part of the Word.

The Holy Spirit is effective and He is always moving. If I could just learn to see Him with my spiritual eyes, but first I must believe that He exists. I am told to wait for it. Even so, as I speak words of faith I must be able to see that part of my healing and catch hold of the Spirit as it is blowing past me in the supernatural. The Spirit comes upon me and activates the gifts of Jesus that are in me. It's just that simple. yet it is a mystery to me how He does it. Paul does not want to leave me lacking in anything regarding God's kingdom. When Jesus ascended He did not want to leave me, His bride, without the Comforter. Thankfully, with the Comforter, He left me with everything that I need. I am lacking nothing. Why would I pray for more anointing when I have all that I will ever have or that I will ever need? Those of us that live in faith must learn to live expecting that great things will happen through Him and to speak God's will into existence more and to flow in the Holy Spirit. Every day. All day. What a Mighty God we serve!

It's true, God supplies all of my needs in His riches and Glory. Never does one single thing happen that wasn't planned and executed by God and His Spirit first. My boasting? Empty. My confidence? Futile. Consider this. Without a higher power and authority from above there would be no qualified founding, governing and preserving of His Church. Who supplies all of my needs? He does. Who revives me? He does. Who reforms me? He does. Who saves me? He does. Who heals me? He does. Only by the Grace of God go I! It is in Him that I live and move and have my being. It is the manifest power of the Spirit that attests to the presence of the Kingdom of God in my church and in me. He calls me to be in His Will by His Grace. I can only remain in His Grace through His power. It is only through the power of God that I am brought through from beginning, to middle and even to the end the work of grace on my soul. Grace is powerful. 

The gospel is powerful. My faith releases God's power. That's how I catch hold of the power of the Spirit. It's with my faith that I just receive. Sometimes I enter in with my eyes wide open and with my hands held high all the while singing His praises. I praise Him knowing that the gospel is effectual and yet the gospel cannot be preached without the Word of God and not in word alone but in power, and that being the power of the Holy Spirit that attends to the Word and sees to it that the sinner is quickened and delivered, the blind eyes see, the deaf ears hear, and the hard hearts are softened. Many have accepted the word as the word of God and take a form of godliness through reading it but deny its power to change. That's fake. That's false. That's entering in through the wrong door. It is only by the Holy Spirit that we are transformed, refreshed and renewed both inwardly and outwardly. We are comforted, we are strengthened and we are established as saints by the Holy Spirit power of God. Thankfully, when God is for us who can be against us?  In my life, I can truly say that with God, what more do I need? 

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', July 23, 2019
 The Kingdom of God is Not in Word But in Power

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree