Spring Cleaning

'Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.' 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)


After a temptation to fall back into his old life, Augustine's actual quote was this, 'Thou fool, dost not thou know that thou are carrying God around with thee." My appetites can become my temptations to sin. Yet, Augustine called himself a fool for allowing his body to rule over him.

Just like Saint Augustine, there is a war raging inside of me. The battle is the Lords. His Spirit restrains me. His Spirit sustains me. No desire of the flesh should be so great that it controls my behavior. For me, I have been bought with a price of unspeakable value. When the temptation to sin presents itself, I choose to run from it and right into the arms of my Savior.

The Holy Spirit lives in me. That spirit is sensitive and delicate and deserves the utmost care. My body is a sanctuary and it does not belong to me. I will not neglect it. I will not disrespect it. I will make healthy choices and strive to keep my temple clean. The food that I put into it has no control over me. I am to hunger after spiritual things that do not defile or pollute but rather lead me to glorify God. And I thank You to fill me yet again Lord with that inward food that only You can provide.
 
Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', May 31, 2019 blog post.
 St. Augustine | Saint quotes catholic, Catholic quotes, Christian quotes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree