Silver Maple

'And Jacob took fresh rods of white poplar, almond-tree, and maple; and peeled off white stripes in them, uncovering the white which was on the rods.' Genesis 30:37 (DARBY)


Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Just as you did for Jacob you will do for others. You are not a respecter of persons. You are a blessing to those who find You and always find a way to bring peace and comfort those who follow You.

Your ways are just and true and You will plead my case when I am feeling oppressed. Your ways are righteous and even though at times I may not understand them, I will still honor You and obey. Whatever You say I will do. You say 'follow me' and show me the way. You say 'don't question My ways', just do it. 

So, I've learned to trust in You. 

Peel off white strips on the branches and put the speckled branches before the herd so that they might have speckled offspring? That seems illogical but that's exactly what Jacob did and that's exactly what happened! He followed Your ways and used the maple tree branches so that You might bless him. You honor those who place their trust in You. You turn the little things into great blessings. When You blessed Jacob, he in turn blessed those around him with his service.
 
As we lay my little brave Harry to rest this day, I thank you for blessing me Lord with such a loyal and beautiful little companion. He loved life and fought hard. Fly away sweet little Cava-shon, fly away home. Your pain is gone now. You've served your master and mission well. I will miss you.

May I always remember to serve You, Lord, with my labor and to thank You with my praise and with my testimony for Your Mercy and Grace is everlasting. Help me to be more like You and stand tall and face adversity and be useful such as the Silver Maple. May the fruit of my labor be used to bless those around me.

Use me as a blessing for Your Glory.

In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', May 11, 2020 blog post.
 Century-old silver maple to be removed from courthouse grounds ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree