Put on the Mind of Christ

'A person who does not have the Spirit does not accept the truths that come from the Spirit of God. That person thinks they are foolish and cannot understand them, because they can only be judged to be true by the Spirit.' 1 Corinthians 2:14 (NCV)

The carnal man, unregenerate and lost to his own ignorance and sensual desires lacks the grace of God. In his own mind, he has no need for God. With wit and reason, he believes in himself and sees the physical things around him but counts the things of God as both foolishness and ridiculous. As the Spirit is ignored and neglected, it become paralyzed and so too the higher order of things, truth and mercy. Thus the natural man cannot know the things of God, and is blind to them as they are spiritually discerned in a spiritual manner by a spiritual light, under the influence of the spirit and by the assistance of the Spirit of God.

No one can know the things of God except His Holy Spirit for the Spirit is one with God. It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that we are regenerated and through His grace receive the things of God. The Holy Spirit makes known to us the deep truths and the Divine mysteries of God. For the believers, we are not guided by worldly principles. We seek the things of God. We are learning to put on the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ is revealed by the Spirit. The sanctified mind discerns and sees the real beauties in holiness and are given the knowledge of God's own will. 

Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Because of Your Word I know that I am to worship You in both Spirit and in Truth. Keep Spirit healthy in me. I know that You seek worshipers. I pray that many more will come to know You. Thank you for Holy Spirit that reveals Your will and the mind of Christ to me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for saving me. Forgive me when I fail You. Show Your grace and have mercy on me. Keep Your Spirit alive in me. In Jesus's name.
Amen. 

Source: Biblegateway.com; Biblehub.com; google.com.
Image result for 1 corinthians 2:14 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree