God is For You

'But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God.  Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”' Ruth 1:16-17 (ESV)

It's a choice of monumental proportions. 

Love is like that. Some things we love, but not enough to leave behind the other things that might have our heart for. We don't understand the Eternal.

 It is a life long commitment.

You have got to sacrifice the one thing for the other. It is a true matter of the heart and a prioritizing of one's values, to leave the one and to follow the other. The other, being the better thing. The thing of great value. 

It is truly the rarest of all finds.

Something of great price. The purity of the pearl.   The grace. The grace of God. Elohim. He's worth the fight. His love is rare and true. He will not forsake. He will not turn away. He will not abandon. He will not refuse. He will fight for you. 

Dear Father,
Thank you for the Word and for great stories of history such as the one in Ruth. Just like Ruth was so devoted to her mother-in-law Naomi, You are devoted to me, and pursued me to the very end. Thank you for loving me so completely that You sent Your own son Jesus to die for me and Your Holy Spirit to live in me. I know that the Bible is true. Most of Your Word has been proven by history. Forgive me when I fail to believe. I know that You are coming again soon.
In Jesus name,
Amen.

Biblegateway,com; Biblehub.com; google.com.
 
Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, outdoor, nature and text

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree