The Fear Remains

 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin.”' Exodus 20:20 (NASB)


God is not just present in the pause, on this day He choose to speak to His people in the sounds of the thunder and the lightning and the trumpet. Just imagine it! And they trembled with fear. All, except for Moses. While the people chose to remain at a distance, Moses approached the thick darkness where God was. And during that test, God choose to speak to the people through His servant Moses and sent everyone else home to their tents.

As we begin to come out from our tents again this day, will we stand approved? Will we pass this current test of God?

When all things are taken away and the things that we hold dear are removed, faith remains and with it is time. Have we used this time wisely? Did we love and care for the ones God has entrusted us with? Did we search for the treasured things and the things that He has put before us?

As we have faced the dust and disorder of neglected things in our lives, were we able to face the manifestations of God? When He sent us home, and we dealt with everything on the surface and cleaned up everything from closet to garage, then what? Will we be able to face and confess the dark things within?  Will we be able to face ourselves? Did we let God make a righteous change in us?

Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.'  Exodus 20:23

Perhaps, in those days like in the days of old, this is only a test, meant to make us stronger in Him through the knowledge of the gospel of Christ. Unlike then, were we able to fear God and enter into His presence? Moses reassures us 'Do not fear Him'. His laws are Holy.  All have sinned. The Holy Spirit reveals that to us. Judgment lies before us, for those who will refuse to repent. But to those who believe, God has promised us so much more. Eternity with Him! Sin is defeated, dethroned and crucified by the precious blood of Christ and God's law is written on our hearts. The fear remains...

Make Jesus Lord of your life. 

Dear Father.

Thank you for Your tests that are meant to make me stronger. Thank you for this precious time of prayer where You appear to me as I renew my image of You. I am devoted to You. I love you Lord.

Thank you for this New Day. Thank you for this New Song. I know that You are in it!

Thank you for my family and for the things that You have shown me that are important, of value and eternal to You. I will not make any gods to be alongside you. I will not make for myself gods of silver or gods of gold. Forgive me when I have failed You.

Thank you for the blood of Jesus that has cleansed me of my sin. Thank you for Your Holy Spirit that has revealed Truth to me from Your Holy Word.

Thank you for the power of prayer. Thank you that You hear me. I pray for Eric, Michael and Sam and their families this day Lord. Please keep them safe in Your arms. Guide them in Your ways.

In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source:'Drummingthemessagehome', May 2, 2020 blog post.


Exodus 20:20 The fear of the Lord | Psalms, Rejoice, be glad ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree