Glory Songs

 Let the word of the Anointed One richly inhabit your lives. With all wisdom teach, counsel, and instruct one another. Sing the psalms, compose hymns and songs inspired by the Spirit, and keep on singing—sing to God from hearts full and spilling over with thankfulness.' Colossians 3:15 (VOICE)

Paul instructs me to sing. The physical and emotional benefits of singing are many. Singing is good for me. Singing improves my memory and helps to diminish my depression. Singing helps me to feel the thoughts and words that I am singing about. The songs help me to connect my mind, body and spirit. Not just any song though, but I am to sing psalms, hymns and songs inspired by the Spirit! I am to sing the Word! I am to let the Words of Christ richly inhabit my life!

With all the wisdom of the ages we are to teach one another. In the past, most people could not read or write, so they told their stories through songs. Even now, we teach our children and grandchildren the things we want them to know by putting the lessons to music and rhyme. About one third of the Bible is poetry. Some of these poems are song lyrics. There are 150 songs in the book of Psalms. There are 185 songs in the Bible. The Bible is a book of poetry. The Bible is a Holy Spirit inspired book of songs. We are to greet one another with a holy kiss. We are to sing the songs inspired by the Spirit to one another.

We are to sing to God! We are to sing to God with grateful hearts! Let the songs of thanksgiving spill out of our hearts and flow out of our mouths! Praise Him! Praise Him with a new song.

The first song mentioned in the Bible was a song of victory. In Exodus 14 after Israel walked through the divided sea, the people's hearts were united, full and spilling over with thankfulness. They praised God for saving them and for what He had done by singing to Him. The last song mentioned in the Bible is a song of a future victory. Revelation 15 describes a victory in the heavens during the time of great tribulation when those, martyred for their faith, will praise God for what He will do. The longest song in the Bible is Psalm 119, it has 176 verses written as a song of appreciation to God from his people for instructing them and giving them the Bible. The shortest song in the Bible is found in 2 Chronicles written after Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem. As the priests carried the Ark of the Covenant into the Most Holy Place, they sang 'He is good; His love endures forever' and it is then that God's Glory filled the temple that day!

As I sing, I am reminded of what God has done for me. I see every day how He richly inhabits my life. Singing directly to Christ, is a powerful way for me to express my faith in Him. I can sing to Him of how I have been healed from all of my diseases. I HAVE been healed of neck pain. I can sing to Him of how I have been delivered from my enemies. I WON the court case. I can sing to Jesus of how He has saved and redeemed me. I AM free from sin. I can sing to Him about the truths that I find in the Bible. God LOVES me. I can sing to God about all the great promises He has given to me, and I will. I can sing of God's goodness and I can thank Him with my glory songs.

Thank you God for loving me and sharing with me the gift of music and song.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', February 8, 2019 blog post.

 No photo description available.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree