Your Presence Lord

 'I trust in the Lord for protection.
So why do you say to me,
    “Fly like a bird to the mountains for safety! 

 The wicked are stringing their bows
    and fitting their arrows on the bowstrings.
They shoot from the shadows
    at those whose hearts are right. 

 The foundations of law and order have collapsed.
    What can the righteous do?”

 But the Lord is in his holy Temple;
    the Lord still rules from heaven.
He watches everyone closely,
    examining every person on earth. 

 The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked.
    He hates those who love violence. 

 He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked,
    punishing them with scorching winds. 

 For the righteous Lord loves justice.
    The virtuous will see his face.' Psalm 11 (NLT)


David's struggle was real. Under the lawless rule of Saul, there were no societal norms left in which to fall back on so came the advice to withdraw and to retreat. In his current position, he was helpless to do anything about it but to raise the white flag of surrender. Saul had in effect destroyed law and order. The foundations of society had crumbled. The moral order was no more. And to top it all off, David, the one that Samuel anointed as the future king, David's own assassination had been ordered. All hope was gone.

When I see the likes of these Saul-types all around me, history becoming my future, I am tempted to distrust God. When the foundations are destroyed, what are we to do? But, so much like David did, would be my desire to double down on my faith, and to trust God even more. What would there be left of me if I gave in to the devil and distrusted God? What would I have to gain by abandoning God now? Shall I then put my confidence in men, the very men that lead by force, fraud, fear, intimidation, dishonesty and abuse? Absolutely not! My hope is not gone. Fear is not my master! So then, I might, just like David did, decide to stay at my post.  I must continue to pray.

Abandonment won't happen during my watch! I have decided that in order to win, I must stay in the fight. The battle for souls is real. And in order to be victorious, I must use the tools that God has given me for the spiritual battle, the one being fought in the heavenlies, and for rebuilding the earthly foundations as well. In this way, fear dies and courage grows. In this pursuit, I am encouraged to be an encouragement to others as we all join hands and work together to share the Love of Christ and expose evil as we continue with the job that we have been given.  Day by day, we choose to live out our own lives by just principles. Moment by moment we continue to observe the laws, rightly dividing the Truth and making our God-given plans to do what is right. In Your presence Lord, Holy Spirit You are welcome here, as You help us all to overcome and shine Your light into the darkness.

Ours is not to question God, only to remain in the world as a positive force and to face evil and to work with what we have been given. We shall remain in order to do the things that might make the world a better place, because we are called to share the Love of Christ with others in it.

Be warned! All you sinners, that the last call for repentance has been given and judgment is at hand. Jesus overcame death and is our Redeemer and through His death we have all been given a gift, the gift of eternal life if we just believe. He has been given the keys to the city of the Kingdom of Heaven. His City is a place and it is where we are, and on earth it is about to be rebuilt with Christ as Lord and with Kingdom foundational principles. Call Ezra. Call Nehemiah. The Master Builder is in the House and His Blueprints are all laid out on the table. Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', December 13, 2019, reposted.

 Image result for psalm 11:3 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree