Blessed Beyond Measure

 

'Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”' Luke 6:38 (NLT)

What shall I give? 'Tis the season. If I have a giving spirit I will reap the benefits. God has made me a promise in this. Sowing and reaping. Sewing and reaping. Needle and yarn in my hands all month long and I am blessed beyond measure. Bet I will receive something to keep me warm in return. Don't you just love all the mystery and the secrecy during this season of giving?

Stingy old Scrooge. You have chosen the measure. Yours will be that of lack. A piece of coal perhaps. Hands clutched tightly. Nothing much to give for your heart has turned cold. Nothing much to receive. It hasn't always been this way.

For, the Word says, we shall know them by their fruit. The seeds that I plant will result in a harvest of like-kind seeds. Who's harvest?  The giver. The one that is kind, and the one that gives of course! I hope that I am that person. I must be a giver and forgive freely. Let others do the judging. I am to give. As the Holy Spirit prompts me. I will receive. The gifts that I will receive for my acts of kindness and mercy shall be generous and in good measure for God takes care of me. I am a children of God. 

Generous family and friends. How we know and are drawn to them. Forgiving spirits that they are. Always going and doing. Never a harsh word. Always showing kindness. Always grateful. Oh how we love them as they pour out their love for us. Oh how Glorious are God's blessing to us.

Generous God. For He has loved us in such a way that is most generous and He never holds back. He supplies all that we need as He pours out His love for us. He gave us His only Son in order that we might believe and to be saved. For the blessings of this life are many when we know Him. Jesus is the Glory of God. And many are the blessings to come for all eternity.


On this day, Christmas Eve 2019, I am reminded of the Christmas Story and of the birth of a child. He was God's gift to us in good measure. A Son that was given. A Life that was most generous in the living and yet given to us that He might die so that we might live. A sacrifice that required God's very own blood to be poured out for me, so that through His death our own death would be defeated. A generous act of Love that changed everything. Supplying our needs then. Supplying our needs now. Thank you Lord. Merry Christmas!

Dear Father. Thank you for Your most Perfect Gift. You never cease to amaze me. You are always there for me. You are the Perfect example of Love. Your visual in Luke 6 is a reminder to me of the measure that You use to pour out Your love for me. What I give back is all based on the measure that I choose. Help me to be most generous Lord. Help me to be more like You in my giving. Help me to give more freely and to forgive completely. In Jesus's name. Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', December 24, 2019 blog post.


Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree