Prayer as an Investment

 'Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God.' Matthew 22:29 (NLT)

There is no argument left about the things of this world and the one yet to come once I have been taught the truth about the Resurrection, and studied the Word of God. There is just no excuse for not knowing about God and the mistake which leads to my rebellion. The light bulb is on. The debate teams have been silent, once again. I must learn, so that I might be a willing servant. I must learn, so that I might be like a teachable child. Yet, knowing about God and His Word is not enough. I must believe and I must apply what I know in order to show myself approved.

Open the Book. The Resurrection Story that I hear about is taught to me in both the Old Testament and the New.  So I invest my time and money and talents in searching for something more. I am never satisfied only with what this life has to offer me. No. I search for more. I search for the things that He has promised to me in this life and in the life that is to come.

This life, is a gift, so that I might learn and become a seeker and a servant. So that I might live my life as one that is pleasing to Him and find His favor. So that I might live a life of prayer. So that I might live my life and find the Hope and the Joy that is in Him. So that I might live my life and experience a life lived well and that not alone, but with many others, and to help and to be helped by one another in order to deal with the sorrows and the pain.

All errors arise, then, in the not knowing.  When I fail to pray, I miss my opportunity to invest in God's power. When I fail to pray I can not know the Scriptures, and I miss my opportunity to hear from Him and to invest in my own future. When I fail to pray, I fail to feed my own spirit. When I fail to pray, I fail to spend time with my creator, with my Lord and Savior.

How can He make anything good out of my life if I waste time and fail to give Him the things that He requires of me? So, then, I invest. I use prayer as my investment. It's a sacrifice. I love to see that investment grow. When I pray, God listens. When I pray, it releases His power and there is no limits on the treasures that we are heaping up together in heaven.  Amen.

Source: Drummingthemessagehome, December 2, 2019 reposted.


Image result for matthew 22:29 bible picture"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree