Tree of Life

'Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.' Proverbs 13:12 (NRSV)

Nothing energizing me more than hope. Hope is the passion that drives me on through the storms. I can have hope in something good and when I see that vision in my mind, I can do much in order to achieve that thing that I have kept dear to my heart. That desire, when it has become a reality is what brings me the greatest joy. That desire, when it is never fulfilled or lived out is what brings me to despair. 

Hope keeps my dreams alive. Hope is what keeps me going in life. Having the faith in my dreams is what I need to find my purpose and to be fulfilled. When I lose the faith, I've lost the hope. When I lose the dream, I've lost the desire to work towards it even if for one more minute. Crushing blow that deferral of hope is to me. My heart is sick. No turning back to it. It is finished. 

New directions and new dreams, hope restored. Thankfully, luckily. I find a new hope and a new reason that keeps me going in life. Life is like that. Hope is the key that restores and brings new life. Hope is like a tree. The tree of life that produces much fruit to sustain us and shade to comfort and protect us.

I always find my way and my hope is in You, Lord. You are my tree of life. I always come to you for my visions and my dreams. You never disappoint or defer. Your love for me remains constant. You are my heart's desire. I find my rest in You.

Dear Father.
Thank you for Your Word. You are the Word of life that brings meaning and restores my hope. Yours are the promises that are true. You are the reasons that I see that always bring me back to You. My desires are in You. My hopes are alive and well. You have given me the reasons and planted the promises in my heart. I see Your Word and Work in everything. I pray for the Good and for You to get the Glory. In Jesus' name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', June 29, 2019, reposted.
  Image result for proverbs 13:12 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree