Pure Thoughts and Deeds

'And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.' Philippians 4:8 (NLT)


During days like these it is so easy to be sucked into the dark hole of cares and concerns. God's Word is so helpful and it challenges me. He can turn things around in an instant. At times, life is so hard and staying true to the Word of God is not always easy, but it is helpful and it is encouraging. Whenever I listen to God when He speaks to me and whenever I read His Word the peace of God becomes the guardian of my thoughts. Only thing is, I must do my part. I can just as easily lean to the left and spend time in the realm of fear and dishonesty as I can lean to the right and spend time in the realm of Beauty and Truth.

What is truth? Christ is Truth. I need Holy Spirit to anoint my mind with clear thinking. With Christ, I can think about those people that have integrity and therefore deserve honor. I can think about what is right in contrast to what is wrong. I can think about purity in a world of perversion. I can think about beauty and consider what is lovely. I can think about those that I love and admire. When I do these things it always brings me back to Christ with a smile. He is Truth. He satisfies.

In my mind, with Christ's clarity and Holy Spirit power, I can control what I see and think. When I think about things in a more clear and excellent way and rise above the deceitful attitude that 'this is all there is' and 'if I do my best that is good enough', then I realize that this is what the flesh would tell me. The flesh is lazy. Just do enough to get by? Why? Where is the Joy in that? The flesh is weak. I can never be good enough. My flesh always wants its way and never considers my spiritual side. I can do better.

I can do better because Christ is there for me. That is why I need the Love of Christ, He is Truth and He is Perfect and He lives in me. That's where He leads me. He leads me to a place where I forget myself and the negative things around me, and then with the burdens lifted I start to praise Him. He is Good. I praise Him for all the good things that He has done. I praise Him for all the good things that He plans to do. He is worthy of my praise. He has given me a hope and a plan and a sound mind. When I stick to His plan I find my Joy. There is peace in knowing that.

For Christ in me is to live. I am not here just to live a comfortable life, but rather the comfort I receive comes in knowing Him and that I am reconciled to Him for eternity. That peace of God that I speak about and the inward satisfaction that I feel in knowing Him will keep my heart and mind from sinning and sinking in times of trouble and will always keep me calm. He satisfies my every longing as I stay close to Him and His mission. His mercy is free and it is new every morning. All I have to do is my part, and simply get up in the morning to meet Him when He calls. I can only benefit from His favor when I do my part, I must be willing to receive it, and that favor comes to me with my good conduct and an open heart. 

Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Forgive me when I fail You. This morning I read Your Word and I fix my thoughts on what is True.

Always You. I can't face it any other way. Keep my thoughts and deeds pure.

Always pray. Pray and serve others. I must do my part.

Always Your Way. No real comfort or safety that lasts can be found in anyone else.

I've built my house on nothing less. Christ alone. Righteousness. I love You Lord.

In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', April 4, 2020 blog post.


Whatever is true...(hand lettered) Philippians 4:8 8 by 10 print

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree