Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

“Look at the nations and watch—

    and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
    that you would not believe,
    even if you were told.' Habakkuk 1:5 (NIV)

And they were told by the prophet, over and over and over again, and yet who would believe it? None. Not the prideful. Not even those who were among the chosen. It was hard for them to see it. No one Lord, not until the ruin actually came upon them did they see it and did they believe it. God, their God, used the Gentiles to bring judgment upon the sinners in Judea.

God, don't you know that He works in mysterious ways. He works among the nations. He sometimes uses the heathen nations to bring down afflictions upon His own servants. Why Lord? Why would He do that? For our God is Holy and He cannot tolerate sin and He has good reasons for the things that He does; for His long-suffering ways toward evil men, and for His rebuke of good men. He has a Will and He has a Plan. I should not question His Plan, yet I should search my heart as to why He would do it. What are You up to God?

Am I living in Your Will? Am I following Your Ways?
 
In Habakkuk's day, the cry to repent and to pay attention to what was going on had gone unnoticed, until the day of the call for prayer. It was hard to believe that in their own day calamity and judgment would come to ruin their prosperity. They were the God-fearing nation, and yet, they had become lazy and were acting more like the heathen nation in so many ways and were even guilty of the same crimes that they complained about. But, strangely enough, the heathen nation was their friend. And yet, their friend did not even believe in God or God's Word. How hard it was on God's people to see this plague that they now had to face come upon themselves. 

Dear Father. Thank you for Your Word. Thank you that You are a merciful Father. Thank you for Your Son, my Savior. Thank you for the Holy Spirit, my helper. In Your Word You say

'Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!'

I repent this day for the foolishness that is in my heart. To the Jew, Jesus is a stumbling block, so keep me standing on the solid Rock, and to the Greek He is foolishness, so do a quick work of humility in me. Open my eyes to Your Truth Lord. Make me not take for granted the many blessings You have given me. You have given me everything that cannot be shaken. Change my heart and make me a new creature in You again. Come now Lord. These are desperate times. In Your fire, make me stronger and burn up the things that are in me that are not of You. Bring out of us Your Grace and Beauty and Generosity and bring it back in full force! Thank you.

I know the hope for the sinner and His name is Jesus. God, You always leave me a way out. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun to the one that has heard and repents and believes.  The sinners will become Your Saints. We were bought with Your own blood. You will restore that which was once lost for You are Victorious over all things and Your Kingdom will go forth. Help me to bless You through both good times and bad.

In Jesus's name.
Amen.  

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', March 20, 2020 blog post.
 Image result for habakkuk 1;5 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree