Stand Against the Wind and the Rain

“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.  Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock.  But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand.  When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.” Matthew 25: 24-27 NLT


It's not enough to just hear. I must hear and do. Live according to His Word. Live even when the doing seems hard to me, perhaps because the body is weak. I learn through living. I know that the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Parable after parable I read and am encouraged by them. I never knew You then, but now I do. My Lord! My King! The Word, it is alive, it strengthens me. The doing is the act that I cannot ignore. I was made for greatness. I was made for so much more. I was never intended to avoid the storms of life. I cannot grow stronger and survive by sheltering in place. For it is in the storms of life that I am to stand against the torrents, as the floodwaters rise around me I learn to swim. As the wind beats heavy against my breast my spine is strengthen. I am to take it as a prayer warrior and to not doubt.

For in life, the rains come. I may not always see them coming, but I can be prepared. I can choose to obey Christ and live according to His teachings. Lessons learned can soon be lessons to live by. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. So I work to build strong foundations on the one thing that I know is True. Rock. The Rock. Rock over sand. Tempting sins. Wind and rain. Jesus is the Rock that will protect me. Jesus saves. I live another day. To God be the Glory

For the wicked, there will be trials and snares and there will be a great falling away. When hopes and dreams will be swept away and then the realization comes that there is no one to come to the rescue of the ceaseless storms. All of their work was in vain. They placed their trust in riches and the god of this world. They believed in the strange teachings and doctrines that were false, for safety and comfort were their goal. Sadly, the shifting sands under their feet gave way and would not prepare them for the eternal things that are to come. 

Be a wise man. Hear the Word and do. Let every Word have meaning to you and and get down into your soul. Believe it. Keep it close. Plant the seeds of Faith in your heart. Don't choose the easy way out. Work at it daily to be the best you can be. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Fight. Build your faith. Get stronger. Dig deep! Question everything that is of this world. Don't go along with anything the god of this world says and get blown around by every wind of change. Fame and fortune are only for a season. Anticipate and prepare. Avoid the abstract and the absurd. Use the common sense that God has given you. Avoid a lot of heartache and pain. 

Fire, sun, wind and rain. These at the elements that God created. These things are powerful. These things I know are a part of life. They come at me from every direction. I cannot control them, but the Lord can and He is willing. I cannot control them, yet I can prepare. I cannot change them, yet I can dig deep my foundation. God never said, harness the power, yet He did say, built on the Rock. Don't be the fool. 

My prayer. My house is my salvation and my hope for eternal life. My Lord. That all might know You. My God, that all might hear and be saved. Amen.

 Source: Biblehub.com, Biblegateway.com, google.com.

 Verses and Hymns: Daily verse October 15, 2017 - Matthew 7:25

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree