A Glorious Destiny

Pin on Faith

'I am convinced that any suffering we endure is less than nothing compared to the magnitude of glory that is about to be unveiled within us.' Romans 8:18 (TPT)

For me, it's not permanent, it's just a prickly patch I'm going through. I did not choose to decorate with cactus, they were handed down to me from my grandmother. No one says I have to keep them, but then again, their flowers are spectacular. Don't judge. Don't you know that I am the oldest, and that's just an excuse for me, but it does make me feel like it's one of my duties. I know where they are, I am the one that put them there, but that doesn't keep me from backing into them from time to time. Funny how life is like that. Same with sin. Ouch!

All the pain in my life is a result of sin and its influences on me. Some of the things that I have chosen to keep and hold on to have not always been good for me. Yet I know Holy Spirit will help me to deal with them in time. Those things that I've chosen to water, have not always brought me joy. All the suffering in my life is the result of how I've treated others. This sin nature, that encourages me to think and do wrongly, then God leads me to my knees in prayers for forgiveness. And He does!

Because of the sin nature, this world is full of hate. The abuse. The neglect. All the other forms of abasement. All the impure thoughts and abnormal behaviors and desires come from one evil place. Darkness. It's how we treat others that's the crime and punishment - or not. It's our choice to be kind. It's the wise thing to do, yet kindness often seems so very far away from here. It's our choice to feed the fires of hell or fan the flames of righteousness. We get to choose. It's our choice that brings blessings or curses and that causes others to rejoice or to endure the lack. And yet, no one can do good without the help from Holy Spirit. God help us. God save us.

And the Word of God assures me that the saints endure it all, even this current deplorable state of creation, and thankfully for just a short time. For us, there is hope. We've seen the first fruits. Our burdens are but light afflictions. This will last, but only for a moment. Then there is the Glory that is to come. We've seen the Light. Heaven. It is a place. It has been prepared for us! Amen.

Thank God. God is willing. God will deliver. In His time. And we live in this current state of safety. So we wait. Ours is the way of patience. The road is long. In God's way we will endure. He will deliver us. The end is Glorious.

Dear Father

I thank you for Your Word. The promises are for me. I see the pain that I am going through right now is causing this suffering that You say is less than nothing compared to the magnitude of glory that awaits me! Hallelujah. Long-suffering. Endurance. It will be brief. Amen.

Thanks be to You, Father, I have a future. You have saved me. I have Your promises. My inheritance is sealed. I know that I am redeemed through the blood of Jesus. My destiny is secure. Thank you for blessing me now. Your will be done in me.

In Jesus' name.

Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', August 11, 2020 blog post.

Comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree