Remnants of the Glee Club

'And Nehemiah continued, “Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!”' Nehemiah 8:10 (NLT)


Tender hearts bring out the best in us. Never stop believing in others. Never stop caring for the poor,  the widows and the orphans. Make it a good day. Spread some Joy. Amen and amen.

God's generous goodness should make me generous as well. I should give freely, even to those who have not prepared. I could give even to those that can never repay. I give because my strength is in the joy of the Lord.

The more of God's Word that gets inside of me the better. The more that I can gain understanding in God's ways the more comfort I will find in Him. As troubles arise and with it comes the pain, God says don't be dejected and sad. Much of the bad stuff that I go through can be blamed on myself in the fact that I just don't know the whole story, I just don't know the whole truth. I am limited by my total lack of knowledge of the things of God. Floods and darkness come into my life like a storm because of my own ignorance and lack of wisdom about things of the Spirit.

But I want to know God better. I want to be able to celebrate at God's table during the famine. I am ready and teachable. My eyes and ears are open. Even when the law comes out and I am found guilty, because of Jesus, there is no condemnation! I can see the hope in tomorrow and feel the joy that is rising up in my own heart, even now, as You, Jesus, dry my tears, and I pray to You, God, this morning. There it is, I've found my Hope, my Love, my Joy and He is the reason to celebrate. Thank you.

Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Thank you for Your Spirit that is alive and well in me. Thank you for Your Son that left the incredible beauty of heaven to became like one of Your very own creation and save my soul. I am nothing without you. I need You everyday.

Fill me with Your Word, anoint my head with oil, bring on Your spirit of gladness so that I might see Light and call it light, Good and call it good, Mercy and call it merciful, Joy and call if joyful and live in the overflow.

Jesus, I will testify of Your goodness, I will learn all the dance steps and the Words to sing all of the songs that tell of Your greatness as a lifetime member of the God Glee Club. Let's get moving. Spring is in the air! Plant Your seeds of Life into good soil. Your Love for me is overwhelming and You are so amazing that at times it's just too much to put into words. I am glad that I know You. You have made me glad. Just the thought of You and what You have done for me fills my heart with never ending Joy. You are worthy of my praise.  In Jesus's name. Amen.  

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', February 26, 2020 blog post.
98 best images about NEHEMIAH on Pinterest

Comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree