The Art of Surrender

 'My dearest brothers and sisters, take this to heart: Be quick to listen, but slow to speak. And be slow to become angry, for human anger is never a legitimate tool to promote God’s righteous purpose.  So this is why we abandon everything morally impure and all forms of wicked conduct. Instead, with a sensitive spirit we absorb God’s Word, which has been implanted within our nature, for the Word of Life has power to continually deliver us.' James 1:19-21 (TPT) 


Instead of blaming God for all of my troubles, in this life, I would be wise to try to understand what the lesson is in them. Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness so that He might be tempted by the devil. He resisted. He never sinned. He is Holy. He is our example. As a child of God He requires that I live a life of righteousness as well. When I am angry I am farthest from living that kind of life. In my anger I am more capable of becoming a law breaker. When I am angry I seldom seek or am unable to see the truth. But a candid state of mind is one that I am to desire. To be straightforward and truthful in my speech. To be impartial and free from prejudice in my thought. That is the kind of person that is consistent and self-controlled and someone that you can trust.

Dear Father. Forgive me for my sins. I admit that my passions and desire sometimes get the best of me, please help me to overcome them when they bring me to take my eyes off of You and rather to seek moral purity through You. Help me to live a Christ-centered life. Teach me the art of surrender. Help me to put on the new self. Help me to flee from wicked conduct and to run to You. Help me to be more sensitive to Your Word. Plant it into my heart. Help me to yield to it. Deliver me from evil. Teach me through my trials. Teach me to be more hospitable, a good listener and open to seeing my own faults. And to say 'thank you' for that knowledge and insight which would bring me closer to Your heartbeat. Thank you for that which strengthens humility and brings me to take corrective action in my own self, in my own thoughts, in my words and in my deeds. Thank you for keeping this a God-fearing nation.

In Jesus's name.

Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', October 25, 2019, reposted.


Image result for james 1:20 picture quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree