Do Not Live in Fear

'“So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.' Matthew 10: 26-33 (ESV)

The anecdote to fear is simply this; faith in God. God says 'do not live in fear of the things that I have created, but instead, be wise and fear Me, for I am God, the creator of all things'. Some men may have power to kill the body but only God who calls us to acknowledge Him and share His Word has control over the body and the soul. His Message of hope, that we whisper in each other's ears will be ignored until the truth is revealed publicly, with boldness and with power. Then look out, for those hell-bent to persecute you will come. Know this, persecutions will come to all those who live godly lives in Christ. Those that follow Him and believe are to do no harm to the God-haters and to bear it while casting all cares on Him. We are not to live in fear of men, but should instead, pray for those that do not fear God.

Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rolling all of my cares on Him, while doing the good things that He directs me to do is my acceptable act of obedience to Him. I chose to live by faith. I am directed to avoid the dangers but not the duties. While the trials and tribulations of life come, those things cannot take away God's love for me, or my love for Him. His grace is given to us all. He cares for me. Yet, I am more valuable than the sparrow. I am not only to believe and to profess but also to suffer and to serve. The promise of eternity is real, faith and love is the way to eternal Glory. Belief in Christ as my Savior is everything. His promises are true. For I will be raised up to reign with Him in the end days, with the good and the bad, but only the body and soul of the God-deniers will be punished forever.
 
Dear Father
 I thank you for this day. I thank you for Your Word. Your words are comforting to me. When I hear man say there is no truth but what I say is true, I read Your Word and see the mistake. The fearless dribble of men. The false narratives and the traps. We make them of our own accord. We speak them and we preach them, just to fall into them eventually. Forgive us Lord. Thank you for your mercy. Don't give us what we deserve.
 
This thirty-third day before the election I thank you for justice. I thank you that lies are being revealed. I thank you that indictments are forthcoming. I thank you for God-fearing men and women who serve their country with integrity. They inspire me. Continue to reveal and replace those who are not for you. Thank you for loving us even when we don't deserve it.
In Jesus name.
Amen.

Source: 'DrummingtheMessageHome', October 1, 2018 post.
 
 Fear and Faith ~ Br. Brenden Humbrdross, Novice | The Order of Preachers,  Independent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree