House Inspection Day

'Or, to put it another way, you are God’s house. Using the gift God gave me as a good architect, I designed blueprints; Apollos is putting up the walls. Let each carpenter who comes on the job take care to build on the foundation! Remember, there is only one foundation, the one already laid: Jesus Christ. Take particular care in picking out your building materials. Eventually there is going to be an inspection. If you use cheap or inferior materials, you’ll be found out. The inspection will be thorough and rigorous. You won’t get by with a thing. If your work passes inspection, fine; if it doesn’t, your part of the building will be torn out and started over. But you won’t be torn out; you’ll survive—but just barely.' 1 Corinthians 3:9-15 (MSG)


Dear Father
Thank you for Your Word. Thank you for Your good foundation. Thank you for the good work of the gospel that Christ has laid for us as our good foundation in which we are to build upon.

Thank you that today is the day of the inspection of God's house! May it be true. Let me see that the good materials You provided will stand. Tear out the cheap imitations and inferior materials that were laid on my own behalf! Thank you that Your Word is true. Expose to me those cheap materials that I used to build Your Church for personal goals of a carnal life or for material gain. Don't let me get by with a thing. Let not the corruption mingle with the Divine. Tear out the works that corrupt and the cheap imitations Lord. Make me start over. Teach me a lesson dear Architect of my heart. Show me that only Your ways are pure.

Jesus, you are the Rock. On You all weight and Glory can stand. Leave nothing out. Turn on the light. Help me to hold fast to the truth and to stand during the light of Your inspection. Try my works. Test me. Hold me to Your standard. Let the weaker things fall away. Strip me of my vanity and pride in what I can do. Give me confidence in what You can do through me. Let me judge my works against Your own, lest I be judged by You.  I pray that You find me a worthy servant and in a house of value to You.

For Yours is a work of art, a truly splendid and magnificent House.  Stately in design and texture and architecture. You used only the best gold, silver, pearls and diamond materials, all of the finest quality and with great value. Let no man discredit any of it. Let each carpenter take care to build upon it. All gifts are differing and come from You. Let no man cheapen it with the likes of hay and stubble. Let it stand the test of time. Let it weather the storms of life. Let it remain true to its original design. No false doctrine. Grace. Nothing but grace. Nothing added. Nothing taken away.

We love you Lord. Yours is a house of beauty. Yours is a spiritual house. So, we pray for the carpenters and the builders. Use them for Your Glory!

In Jesus's name.
Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', June 2, 2020 blog post.
 1 Corinthians 3:9 - Bible verse - DailyVerses.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree