Life in the Deep

'Now he brought me back to the entrance to the Temple. I saw water pouring out from under the Temple porch to the east (the Temple faced east). The water poured from the south side of the Temple, south of the altar. He then took me out through the north gate and led me around the outside to the gate complex on the east. The water was gushing from under the south front of the Temple.


He walked to the east with a measuring tape and measured off fifteen hundred feet, leading me through water that was ankle-deep. He measured off another fifteen hundred feet, leading me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another fifteen hundred feet, leading me through water waist-deep. He measured off another fifteen hundred feet. By now it was a river over my head, water to swim in, water no one could possibly walk through.

He said, “Son of man, have you had a good look?”

Then he took me back to the riverbank. While sitting on the bank, I noticed a lot of trees on both sides of the river.' Ezekiel 47:1-7 (MSG)


So we headed north through the narrow gate and went east around the beautiful Temple of Jesus Christ. I noticed the gushing flow of water coming out from under the southern corner. It looked so cool and refreshing. The man with the measuring tape lead me out into the water. He was measuring off sections, each for level of difficulty and for my own protection. They were increasing waters. Ankle deep, knee deep, waist deep and over the head deep. Then he told me to take a good look!

After taking in as much as my eyes could handle, we returned to the riverbank. I noticed all the life along the river and it gave me hope and made me consider the things of the Spirit, the holy things and how the Gospel is the source of life for so many of us. And how the Holy Spirit takes us out into the waters of the Word just far enough for what we need to know at the moment. And, how we spend so much time searching for and finding the promises of God and the truths planted there in it just for us. The Word of God is so encouraging. Some truths are easy to find and yet others are more difficult to find and even harder to understand.

The Word is encouraging and is full of promises put there just for me. Some promises and blessings are hard to find and require more work. Some lessons are not meant to be found by only what I know. I have to pray for the eyes to see them. I must be willing to work for it. To put some heat and pressure to it. To be uncomfortable in the not knowing moments and in the I can't see how I can get through this feelings.

There are the darker depths times when I can't seem to get through them on my own. That's when studying God's Word gets to be a challenge. More wisdom is required. When it feels like I can't find my break through. I really struggle with these moments. Those moments when it feels like my feet are not on solid ground and I am having trouble breathing. I've usually gone out too far and I'm in way too deep to turn back. The more I struggle with it the worse it gets. Those are the moments when I must give in and surrender, when He wants me to trust in Him.

I am connected to Christ through the Holy Spirit. In matters of trust, it's in the letting go times that I find Him. That's where He is and when I find my answers. That's where He is and when the pain stops and the understanding begins. That's where He is and when He saves me. That's where He is and when I find my healing. That's where He is and where I find my financial blessings. That's where He is and when He feeds my soul. That's where He is and when My spirit is refreshed. Sometimes it take courage but wherever He is, that's where I am and I never grow tired in searching for more of His truth. It's my life. It's my lake and river and even when I am afraid of the water I want to live my life in the deep end.
 
Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome' May 20, 2020 blog post.
 ezekiel 47 and 48 | Scripture pictures, Read bible, Quick view bible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree