Go With the Flow

'that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,' Ephesians 5:26 (ESV)

It wasn't the first thing that he checked, but it did turn out to be an easy fix. Don't you hate it when parts wear out and conveniences don't work anymore? Same. As of Monday, the water purification system and ice maker on my refrigerator quit working. My well equipped for anything husband took on the task of fixer upper yesterday. He loves me. His first question was, 'Could it be the filter'? I had just changed it a few months back and the quality indicator light was still green. No it can't be that. So, he pulled the machine out away from the wall as to be able to get to the back of the monstrosity.Tools in hand he tested the water pressure, and checked the power to the unit. Many leaks and messes later he determined both were fine. So he moved to the front of the unit. After removing the filter, he tested the water and unfiltered water was produced. The ice maker began to fill. Interesting! It must be the filter! It's so much easier when the purified water flows!

Last weekend we attended our daughter's wedding. I love weddings. Everyone was there! Don't you hate it when you have to battle the weather? Outside weddings and tornadoes all around us do not mix. Did I tell you that she was a beautiful bride? She waited a long while for this day to come because of events in the world that were out of her control. She used her time wisely in working to prepare. Of course she did. That's the type person that she is. Be beautiful. Be patient. Remain calm. Go with the flow. Love him madly. She was a beautiful bride. He is so lovable. He is a good man. He really is good for her. He is patient. He is understanding. He was her bridge to bringing the visions in her head to what we saw that day. Thank God for David! He moved a lot of stuff from there and how to here and now. He put on a convincing smile for the camera. He made it her day. They are good together. They'll be OK.

In these two events, we see who is in control. Husbands and Heavenly Father. This verse relates to husbands and wives. How the husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the Church. Wives submit. Christ is Redeemer and His object to the Church is to sanctify it. He purifies. He saves. He makes His presence known in the Wind. We can clean ourselves up outwardly before the wedding with water. Like the unfiltered water, we need Him to clean us inwardly by purifying our hearts with Truth from His Word. And so we must be faithful, and by Faith let Truth be applied, let the Blood of Christ be applied to our sinful hearts this day. Every day. Forgive us Lord.  Fill us Lord. Be our bridge to God. 

Dear Father

Thank you for Your Word. The Word. The Gospel. The Gospel of Truth that brings good news. The Gospel that brings glad tidings of peace. And not just peace, but pardon too. Pardon and atonement. Atonement and with it justification through Christ. He gave Himself up as a sacrifice for me so that I might appear pure and spotless like Him.in front of divine justice. It is by the blood of Christ that is the fountain to wash in which cleanses me from all my sins. Thank you Lord for saving my soul. Thank you Jesus for setting me free. Keep me in Your Word, so that I might see more clearly, so that I might know You more. Keep me pure. Use me. You are coming again. I pray that You find me worthy. Holy Spirit flow through me.

In Jesus' name

Amen. 

Source: Biblehub, Biblegateway, google.


Ephesians 5:25-26 NIV | Christian verses, Faith in god, Love my husband

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree