Water Therapy

A place with a view. Its mine. I look at it as my sanctuary. The lake house. It is a healing place. It consumes all of my thoughts and takes a lot of my time.


We bought it after months of house hunting. We bought it on a whim. We've built two houses already, so why not a third? We could only afford it because of all the work that needed to be done to it. But, we both fell in love with the view and could see the potential in the investment. Downsizing? No. Closer to grandsons? Yes. That place gave us a project. It brought unity. Cursing, maybe, but never a curse. She still had some glory left in her. Oh, the stories she could tell. We could add our own stories too. What more could we bring to the new thing than our own stories, our own time, our own treasures and our own lives? And we did.  A God thing? Perhaps! A place with a view for sure. Water therapy.

On the road, again. We are busy people. The miles between where we had built our lives and where this thing was taking us were many. A new future. A new beginning. In the works. In time. Many hours spent, between the two worlds. A lot of planning. A lot of healing. A lot of relaxing. Thoughts coming in like a flood. Some to haunt but most to bring us back to a place where we once were and ease us gently into the place where we were heading. Two worlds colliding. Each one being handled by the grace of God. The new.

Lots of decisions to be made. New paint. New stain. New flooring. We've spent hours tearing it all down as we were building it up. We poured lots of sweat and added love and more than a few sore muscles into the new and improved. I don't know if we will ever be finished or if we'll just settle on good enough or even if that place will get the best of us, but we have enjoyed every minute while working with her. Look at you now. Pictures, even more than a few. I know I used to work a lot faster in my youth, but just try to keep up with me now. She's old. He's old. Out with the old.

A new face. A lot of trips to the dump. A lot of tidying up, cleaning up and repairs. Top to bottom overhaul and you don't ever seem to mind. You kept our minds busy. You opened up your doors to us, and the entire family that God has blessed us with. It's a noisy place at times. We live for the times when we can all be together and enjoy each others company. Lots of laughter and even a few tears within your walls. You've stood the test of time for those that have gone on before, these past thirty-five years or so. You will keep us safe and warm within your walls and hold onto our secrets for, if God is willing, another thirty-five or more. We've been through and learned a lot together. Designer God.

Whether it's pounding out a rhythm on the drums with my sticks or with the car tires on the road or with my fingers on a keyboard or with my needles and yarn, I find God in it. He's helping me to find myself and keep on balance. I find joy. I am thankful. I am blessed. I am inspired by You to work on me and to make this a better place. Through the changes to come with this retirement that we speak, it's going to be fine. Better than fine. It's all good. It's all in God's hands. 

'Every house is built by someone, but God is the Designer and Builder of all things.' Hebrews 3:4 (TPT)

Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', January 16, 2020 blog post.
 Image result for hebrews 3:4 picture quote
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree