Breathing, Praying, Walking

 'Humans are like a passing breath; their time on earth is like a shadow that passes over us during the day and soon is gone.' Psalm 144:4 (VOICE)

Humans compared. Only a passing breath? A vapor! Breathe on a mirror and watch how quickly your breath fades away. Why? How can this be?

My life. A life lived moment by moment with little substance. Then why do I care so deeply about so many things? Why do I think and over-think all my decisions?

A shadow. I can see it all so clearly now. My eternal soul is passionate about so many things in life while I am trapped in this poor as a shadow dying body that will soon pass away. So I must decide to live differently and to hold onto the things that will stand.

Then God. God's timing is flawless, He saves me from myself, my self-importance and my disrespectful behaviors by sending His Helper to me. When all else fails, I know where to turn. 

Dear Father. Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for breathing Your perfect breath of Life into me. Thank you for each breath that I take. Thank you for sending Your Son Jesus Christ to save me.

Thank you Jesus for sending Your Holy Spirit and for giving me victory over sin and death. Life is short. Eternity is long. So I must decide today how I will schedule my time and place my focus on the important things that matter and are significant. I must decide to make You Lord of my life and to live for You. I must decide to walk in the Spirit.

Thank you for giving us a most honorable Purpose. Thank you for hearing my prayer. Stir my faith to make every day count for You.  Thank you Jesus for being a friend that sticks closer to me than a brother.

 In Jesus's name.

 Amen.

Source: 'Drummingthememssagehome', January 31, 2020 blog post.

Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow. — Psalm 144:4 |  Love me quotes, Psalms, Meditation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree