Wonderful Wondering

 Wake, awake, Deborah!
⎣Wake up the multitudes of the people.⎦
Wake, awake, sing a song.
Rise up, Barak!
⎣Deborah, strengthen Barak.⎦
Lead away your captives, son of Abinoam.'

Judges 5:12 (EHV)

It's a sleepy place. It's a place of rest. Yes. During times of peace, but this is war! Get up!

The lake. It's the place where I go to relax and to think. I find myself in thought so often there. I find myself thinking back to the days of my youth, back when I first received my own calling. Rise and write! Even while most sleep. Even while the moon is still visible in the early morning sky. Even then. Silver hair. Coming and going. Still. God speaks. We listen. Promises are made and promises are kept. Stay positive. There will be victory.

In Deborah's case hers was to prophesy, to encourage and to lead a great army. After the battle there wasn't an enemy soldier left standing! Wow! Who could even imagine that? Who would fight another battle without taking direction from God? Deborah where are your accusers. Has no one condemned you? "No one, Lord!" So, she stirs up her spirit to sing and to lead once again! Stay faithful. And she does!

In Barak's case, the great general, the battle had been won, and yet, there were others in Canaan that had treated him badly and needed to be dealt with. There were spoils of war that needed to be taken! So much yet to do, and yet he slept. Stay awake. Yet we sleep.

Where am I? Good question. Sometimes when I wake up I don't even know where I am. While the war for souls rages on. I get lazy while my heart yearns to be set on fire with the Love of Christ! He requires it of us all. Serving can be difficult and times can become dangerous, and so what is to become of us if we all would stay home to avoid the conflict? The fall. The curse. Stay focused. We can never quit. He fights our battles. God does not need us, but He does bless those that stay in His Will and advance His Cause. Praise God! He never sleeps nor loses track of me. He always knows where I am. Stay close. Amen.

Dear Father

This day I rise to sing Your praises! You are Worthy. You are Protector. You are Provider. You are Savior, Lord and King! We worship you this day. We stir up our spirit to serve. No one sleeping Lord. No one lazy or fearful of the unknown for You have given us the vision. The vision of victory. Enemy has been defeated. You Love us so much Lord. We love You. We admire You. Thank You for giving us the Word of Hope and the Song of Victory is in our mouths this very day. Save them all Lord!

In Jesus' name

Amen.

Source: Biblehub.com, Biblegateway.com, google.

 Bible Verse Powerpoint Slides for Judges 5:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree