Shine On Too, 4/29/19

 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.' Matthew 5:14 (RSV) 

Holy Spirit referred me back to this verse. Admittedly, this day I am feeling a little vulnerable after a weekend away from technology and so feeling just a bit cut off from the world and eager to get back into it and to get caught up with everyone. What have I missed?


Someone I don't even know was able to consume 49 of my devotionals this weekend! How awesome is that? I am praying for you Jenny! Then I heard a word of encouragement from a friend who's husband had lost his wallet two weeks ago. She reported that this weekend he miraculously found it. Holy Spirit did reveal where it was, and after several searches in that place, now it is found. Thank you Lord. My faith is boosted again. God You are so Faithful!

Then there is this Word in Matthew. How Jesus blesses us in the Beatitudes and tells us we are to be light, and He even connects 'you' to a city. Go figure. How can 'you' be a city? I know that I can't possibly be a city, but I am me and I can go and do whatever God calls me to do. 'You are the light of the world.'

My light, added along with your light and everyone else's light will illuminate the city. If we have His light in us, then a city illuminated is a city that is influenced and enlightened by His Holy Word and His Light of Life. Isn't that amazing?

As there is only one sun in the sky that lightens up the entire world, so there is only one Son that lit up a dark world and brought salvation to us all. His name is Jesus. Now there is only one me and one 'you' including everyone else to reflect His Glorious Light and we are making a difference. He sends us out to light up our world with His Gospel of Peace and His Word of Truth, Love and Grace. He promises us that His Light cannot be hid. I claim my family and my city for Him! I am so very grateful for encouraging words that prove His love for me. Shine on! We are His Church that glorious city on a hill!
Source: 'Drummingthemessagehome', blog post April 29, 2020
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called Forth to Life

Sending Out Invitations to the Concert

To the 7th Degree